It’s creamy, it’s dreamy. It’s green and it’s good. I love smoothie bowls for many reasons, some of which are:
1. I can get me fruits & veggies in something that tastes as good as ice cream.
2. They give me a chance to be creative and try interesting combinations.
3. There are so refreshing and packed with vitamins!
This bowl has quite a bit in it, but you can easily alter this recipe to whatever you have on hand. All most recipes are anyways, are personal preferences. I always end up taking bits and pieces from recipes that sound good, but don’t always follow them to the T and just use them as guiding posts. Feel free to do that with this one and enjoy!
- ½ an avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ frozen pineapple or mango
- Handful (or two) of kale
- 1 inch by 1 inch cube of fresh ginger
- A little bit of mint
- ½ tsp spirulina
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- Optional toppers: ¼ cup muesli or granola, shredded coconut, bee pollen, and blueberries
- Place all ingredients (starting with the frozen stuff on the bottom) into the blender, and blend on high until thick and creamy.
- Place into a bowl and top with your favorites.
-You may have to stop blending part way through to stir mixture and scrape the sides of the blender.
-Depending on what blender you have, you might have to add more coconut water. I like to keep the coconut water to a minimal amount because that is what makes the smoothie extra thick! Sometimes this requires patience with the blender, but it is so worth it!
-Make sure not to leave a trace of smoothie behind and definitely lick your spoon.